On the latest episode of The News Reel, Zach and Brian invite Corey Atad of Movie Mezzanine on to discuss his recent article, “The Fans Who Saved Star Wars,” and what it was like to talk with this group who worked to restore a 1977 print of Star Wars as well as see this pure print of the film. They also talk news stories such as the new trailer for Star Wars: Episode VIII, Emily Blunt becoming Mary Poppins for Disney, Woody Allen jumping on Amazon for another project, and Fox thinking about more rated-R superhero movies. They also compare high scores for the Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar video game.
- Surprise! Here’s a Star Wars: Episode VIII teaser
- A new trailer for Midnight Special teases ties to Spielberg and John Carpenter
- Emily Blunt in talks to join Mary Poppins sequel for Disney
- Amazon buys Woody Allen’s next film starring Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg
- 20th Century Fox aiming to make Wolverine 3 rated-R
“The Fans who saved Star Wars” with Corey Atad
WTF story of the week